- 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 8 small chicken cutlets. Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and coat in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In two batches, cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more oil to the skillet if necessary. Transfer the chicken to plates.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, remaining Tbsp oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Add the celery and apple and toss to combine; fold in the chives. Serve with the chicken.
*Chef’s note: Yum yum yum. Nice change, and super simple and quick. Refreshing! This probably also would be nice with plain yogurt in place of the sour cream.